Customer Communications Plan for Tesla Motors
The aim of the research work is to develop customer communications plan for Tesla Motors in Russia. The relevance of the research is reinforced by recently publicized news of Tesla Motors’s plans to enter the Russian market by the end of 2017. Hence, the company needs to devise strategies to establish efficient communication with Russian customers.
A situation analysis justified the relevance of the following goals for the communication campaign: to enhance loyalty of current customers and to change the image of electronic vehicles in the eyes of potential customers. More specifically the campaign aims at building a stronger association of Tesla with the premium car segment and at reinforcing current customers’ acceptance to be part of community for sustainable future.
The content analysis of customers’ reviews and interviews, secondary data and media analysis defined the messages to be addressed to the target audiences.
“You make the world a better place with Tesla” and “together we are making future sustainable” are the messages to target current customers. Potential customers are to be exposed to two key messages: “Tesla is a premium electric car that stands out” and “Tesla is an electric car without compromises”.
To achieve the campaign goal, the strategy will include:
- involving current customers in special events focused on the opening of official stores and services in Russia;
- aligning resources and strategy with Moscow Tesla Club with regards to channels of communication;
- developing a partnership with the museum of contemporary art “Garage” to promote events associated with technology, innovation and environmental issues.
At the level of implementation, the following activities are planned:
- test drives;
- tours of the service center;
- voluntary action battery collection “Recharge the world”;
- conference on the topic of environmental issues in the “Garage” museum;
- Grand opening event;
- contest and fundraising event “On the track to sustainable future”.
These events are to be supported through press tours, press conferences and special events for the media.