Fiber laser welding of metal materials
Laser welding (LW) is a promising method for joining metal materials. The main advantages of LW are: low heat input, high energy density, high speed of the process, the possibility of welding of large thickness in one pass, a high degree of process automation and control the laser power. The laser beam welding allows a similar materials and dissimilar. Various processing methods are used to obtain high-quality welded joint, such as: welding a defocused beam, the use of the beam oscillations, welding with "cold" filler material, welding with preheating defocused laser beam, etc.
At present, on the basis of the Regional Engineering Center "KAI-Laser" carried out the following works for laser welding:
- High speed laser welding (up to 100 mm / sec) of small thickness;
- Welding of aluminum alloys;
- Welding of copper with stainless steel;
- Welding of high-temperature alloys;
- Welding high carbon steels, etc.
These welds were subjected to the following tests and investigation:
- 2D and 3D computed tomography;
- Metallographic investigation;
- Mechanical tests (impact Sharpy test, tensile test, three point bend test, microhardness);
- Chemical analysis;
The report will be presented to all the results of this work.